Having given myself a hard deadline of Friday so it would be ready for launching at a concert of French music, it is done!
The “I Can’t Believe I’m Reading French” Comic Book Series, Episode 1: Gnomeville: Dragon!
- 28-page booklet plus audio CD containing 3 stories in comic book format, a crossword, a song and a language summary.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of French but a native or near-native English speaking background.
- Introduces 12 of the twenty most commonly occurring words in French newspapers, one new word per page of the Gnomeville story.
- Uses the words that are common to French and English to ensure that all words in the stories are familiar, such as “dragon”, “gnome”, “arrive”.
- The Fido story provides further reading practice, ensuring each target word has been read at least 5 times.
- The crossword allows you to actively use the language to increase retention
- The songs provide further practice, including pronunciation
- The narration provides pronunciation information and listening practice
- The Taxi story is a nice easy story to read after the other stories.
- The audio CD contains the stories read by a native speaker, plus two songs related to the stories.
- $20 plus postage from Melbourne Australia
- Currently only available from me directly, but stay tuned for updates.